Only an hour and a half flight wheels up to touch down, Bermuda is one of the easiest islands to get to from NYC. If you’re traveling with kids or a big group, the Fairmont Southampton is an ideal place to stay on the island. Only about 20 minutes from both the airport and the capitol city, Hamilton, you’re close to everything while still being remote enough to really unwind.
- About 20-minutes from both the airport and the town of Hamilton
- Set atop a hill, the property overlooks the water
- Private beach for hotel guests only is accessible by a 10-minute walk from the property or via a complimentary shuttle (~2 min ride)
- Tennis courts, pools, and golf course are all on property
- The hotel has 2 on-site restaurants, 1 at the beach, and 1 about a 3 min shuttle ride away
- Beach toys such as paddle boards, kayaks, snorkel gear and sand toys are available to rent
- The beach is speckled with loungers available on a first-come-first-served basis but they also have private cabanas which can be rented daily
- Accommodations are basic but nice; be sure to ask for an ocean view room
- Hotel bach is just steps from the famous Horseshoe Bay beach
New favorite finds....
A Fast-track to Paradise with Azores Airlines: For East Coaster, the Azores are Closer than California
Outside of the Azores, the largest population of Azoreans live in and around Boston, Massachusetts.
A Walk Around the Azores' Famous Furnas Lake and it's Ever Changing Terrain
One of the most beautiful and interesting things about the island of São Miguel is