Opened since the 1950’s, the retro-chic Hotel Valley Ho stands out playfully against the Scottsdale desert surroundings and is considered one of the best-preserved mid-century modern hotels in the country. Once the playground of Hollywood heartthrobs like Bing Crosby and Tony Curtis, the property’s midcentury modern architecture, zingy vibe, and killer locale still makes hearts flutter. Some say, the pool scene in the summer is the best around.
People are so enamored with it, the hotel offers a 90-minute tour around the property, complete with a history lesson and plenty of design inspiration. Whether you’re simply grabbing dinner & drinks at the hotel’s restaurant Zu Zu, or spending a weekend lounging by one of the pools, Hotel Valley Ho provides a modern twist on retro luxury in the heart of Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 2 pools with loungers and cabana areas, allow plenty of space for you to lay out and relax
- The VH spa is available for an afternoon of pampering
- Zu Zu, the swanky on-site restaurant, is open for breakfast, lunch, + dinner
- Open lobby layout with fire-side lounge seating, a bar area and the restaurant.
- Floor to ceiling windows offer plenty of daylight and awesome views of the Scottsdale area and surrounding desert
- Myriad of room types, from two-bedroom condo-style suites to the signature guest rooms with a view of the pool — and everything in-between
- Larger suites come with a fun, bright kitchenette area
- Each room comes with a pillow-top mattress and 49″ flatscreen HD TV
- Mod decor gives the rooms a retro vibe and local artwork hangs from the walls to give guests a deeper sense of Arizona
- Just a 5-minute walk from Downtown + Old Town Scottsdale
- A short drive to the heart of Phoenix
- Only a few blocks from amazing restaurant, wine tasting rooms, and shops
- Ideal homebase for Spring Training, as it is close to all the fields
Compass + Twine was a welcomed guest of Hotel Valley Ho and thanks them for a wonderful stay. As always, all opinions are out own.
New favorite finds....
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Built in the shadow of Camelback Mountain, the Royal Palms Resort and Spa is bursting
Destination Guide: Phoenix, Scottsdale, + Mesa
There's more to Arizona than just desert and spas, although those are two pretty awesome things to