There is, perhaps, no hotel situated in a more perfect location that the Portrait Firenze. Right on the Arno River, less than a block from the stunning Ponte Vecchio, the hotel affords incredible views and even better service. From the moment you walk in, you’ll notice every detail is accounted for. A personalized check-in, complete with a complimentary glass of prosecco, provides you with ample information you start a day of exploring, while the concierge quickly assists with any necessary reservations. With rooms so nice you’re temping to stay inside all day, the gorgeous city of Florence awaits and the hotel is perfectly situated to see it all.
- Owned by Salvatore Ferragamo family, the hotel is stunningly decorated and beautifully designed.
- Velvet couches and comfortable chairs are used in both the lobby and the restaurant and give the feel of beautiful home rather than a hotel.
- The decor is reminiscent of the 1950’s with pictures of famous actors, actresses, as well as the Ferragamo family scattered throughout.
- Grey, gold, and black are the main colors and were chosen to give the property an understated sophistication.
- At check-in, you’ll receive a ‘privilege card’ which gives you a discount at other hotels owned by the Ferragamo family (in the Lugarno Collection), as well as at the Ferragamo boutique.
- At the Portrait Firenze, you’ll wake each morning to views of the Arno River and the oldest bridge in Florence. The Ponte Vecchio was first built in 996 and after being destroyed several times by flooding, the version we now know dates back to 1345. It was the only bridge in Florence not destroyed in World War II.
- Just blocks from the fashionable Via de’ Tournabuoni, home to Salvatore Ferragamo’s first property.
- Each of the 37 rooms in the boutique hotel is gorgeously appointed with beautiful furniture, including the most comfortable bed.
- We recommend choosing a room with a river view.
- The Prestige Suite River View offers unbelievable views of the Arno River and Ponte Vecchio. Over 600 sq. feet, the Suite has a spacious bedroom, with a desk and couch, a large bathroom, and a lovely living room. The latter is appointed with a fireplace, sumptuous velvet couch, and an armoire that opens into a mini-kitchen, complete with a fridge, sink, and dishwasher.
- The restaurant, Caffè Dell’Oro, serves a lovely continental breakfast. The spread includes everything from fresh baked bread and pastries to a selection of cured meats and cheese and fresh juice.
- It is also open for lunch and dinner, serving one of the best caesar salads we’ve ever had.
We were happily surprised to receive a knock on our door, on the last night of our stay, from the housekeeping staff. They brought a small gift of perfume, for both male and female, from the Salvatore Ferragamo line. A small gesture, but something that made a big impression on us! It’s the little things like that, happy surprised if you will, that make a hotel special. Grazi, Signore Ferragamo!
For more information about the property or to book a room, please click the button below.
New favorite finds....
Best of Italy: Portofino's Iconic Restaurant Puny Serves One Mean Pasta Dish
A few weeks before we left for our recent trip to Italy, we decided to
Pienza, Italy: One of the Most Charming Towns in Tuscany
Set high within the famed Val d'Orcia region of Tuscany, Pienza is picturesque, pretty, and overflowing with Pecorino.