Cabo San Lucas, Mexico remains one of the hottest beach destinations on the Pacific for good reason. The weather’s always warm, the humidity’s low, the food’s delicious and the atmosphere is fun. For the luxury travelers, the hotel scene keeps getting better and better. One of the best and newest properties out there is The Cape Hotel by Thompson Hotels. Step foot into the breezy, open-air lobby upon arrival and soak in the breathtaking views of the ocean and the El Arco rock formation in the distance. Before you know it, a cucumber lemonade will be in hand, your bags will be whisked away to your room, and you won’t have a care in the world .
- 40-minutes from the Cabo International Airport
- Tucked away from other, busy resorts
- Beach front property (beach is public but feels private) with gorgeous views
- Just minutes from downtown Cabo San Lucas
- Ideal view for killer Cabo sunsets
- Modern design, emphasizing clean lines and muted colors to enhance the natural beauty
- Retro pops, like the Lobby Bar, which is sunken several steps below the main level, with a pool table off to the side
- Accommodations include standard rooms, suites, villas, and a penthouse
- 2 pools (1 is saltwater)
- Beautifully-designed, almost cave-like spa with 2 al fresco massage tables
- 2 restaurants as well as a pool bar and and lobby bar
- All rooms have ocean views as well as a private balcony
- A tequila-welcome greets you on arrival
- Rooms are spacious and beds are draped in sateen-woven linens
- Room service is available nearly all the time and each evening a chef’s amenity is delivered to the door
- For upscale dining, head to Manta run by famed chef Enrique Olvera. The chef mixes local flavors with the perfect blend of Asian spices to create seriously special dishes and the view from the restaurant is incredible.
- More casual dining can be enjoyed at the Ledge restaurant, which serves an delicious and expansive buffet breakfast each morning as well. The baja fish tacos were some of the best we’ve had! A full raw bar and sushi menu can also be ordered at Ledge.
- You can also order meals from the pool bar or directly from your lounge chair. Simply ask one of the waiters for a menu and enjoy!
- Spend the day relaxing by either of the pools or laying on the beach
- Book a treatment at Currents, the on property spa, and melt your stress away
- Challenge a friend to a game of pool at the billiard table in the lobby
New favorite finds....
Mexico City, Mexico
Situated on the edge of the beautiful Alameda Central Park in the Historic District, Chaya
Fresh Tiritas & Cervezas at La Perla Beach Bar in Zihuatanejo, Mexico
It isn't often that you find a restaurant that embodies the local culture quite like
Past and Present Collide in Mexico City's Upscale Polanco Neighborhood
One of the nicest neighborhoods in Mexico City, Polanco offers everything from tree-lined shopping avenues