Positano, Italy is the stuff dreams (and postcards) are made of. The Vertical City, as it’s called, is stunningly beautiful, built into the rocky cliffs of the Amalfi Coast. The city of Positano itself has dozens of luxury hotels, boutiques, and restaurants but the real gem is located just around the bend. Villa Treville is as luxe as they come and a place you’ll never want to leave.
- Built into the side of the Amalfi cliffs, the boutique hotel has stunning views of both Positano and of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Just a 2-minute water taxi or a 10-minute drive from Positano.
- Away from the crowds, the only sounds you’ll hear are the waves crashing against the shore.
- Formerly the home of famed Italian opera and film director Franco Zeffiirelli who sold the property about 10 years ago. It was then meticulously restored and updated.
- The boutique hotel operates with an opulent version of ‘all-inclusive’. Nearly everything you could want is included in the cost of your stay, except dinner.
- Only 16 rooms, every since detail has been considered, from the hand-painted tiles lining the floors to the plants chosen for the organic garden on-site.
- Gardens line the stone path down to the sea.
- A soaking pool and daybeds can be found just next to the outdoor gym.
- If you prefer to relax seaside, loungers are arranged on the rock beach and umbrellas are available if you like.
- Each room has an en suite bathroom and a balcony facing the Sea.
- Rooms are plentifully stocked with anything you may need and you’re free to help yourself to the mini-bar, which is complimentary.
- Our room has a gorgeous claw- foot soaking tub, twin sinks, and a huge waterfall shower
- The king-sized beds are outrageously comfortable and the room larger than most NYC apartments.
- At the Club Lounge, a complimentary breakfast buffet is served each morning. If you don’t find something you’d like, simply ask and the chef will prepare you’re perfect breakfast, whether you’d like eggs or a selection of fresh cheeses.
- After breakfast and until dinner, house-made snacks like vegetable orzo salad and croquettes, are available for guests to help themselves to at any time.
- Dinner is served each evening at Maetro’s and is the only thing not included in the cost of your room. Focusing on fresh seafood and vegetables from their garden, the menu is delicious and light.
- After you’ve gotten your fill of sun, relax in the Salone Bianca. The gorgeous white-washed space is lined with couches and features a full bar. Guests are invited to help themselves ‘at any moment’ to cold wine and prosecco, liquors and mixers, mineral water and juice.
- The house water taxi is available all day for trips to Positano or to the hotel’s beach club, just around the bend.
- Spa and beauty treatments are available upon request and can be enjoyed in your room, or in a private area, al fresco.
New favorite finds....
Best of Italy: Portofino's Iconic Restaurant Puny Serves One Mean Pasta Dish
A few weeks before we left for our recent trip to Italy, we decided to
Pienza, Italy: One of the Most Charming Towns in Tuscany
Set high within the famed Val d'Orcia region of Tuscany, Pienza is picturesque, pretty, and overflowing with Pecorino.