Built in the shadow of Camelback Mountain, the Royal Palms Resort and Spa is bursting with lush gardens and tricking pools at every corner. Stepping onto the property, you immediately forget that you’re in the middle of the desert. With 119 rooms, two restaurants, a pool, and a world class spa, once you’ve arrived on property, you truly have no need to leave.
- Located at the base of Camelback Mountain
- Minutes away from killer hikes
- Only 7 miles of the Phoenix Airport
- Just 10 minutes from the Desert Botanical Garden
- A 30 minute drive to Taliesin West
- Near dozens of great restaurants and bars
- Located in the heart of Phoenix, temperatures are mild in the winter, warm in the spring and fall, and very hot in the summer.
- Peak season here is typically January-May
- Winding pathways are draped with lush flowers and trees
- 1 pool, with loungers on a first-come-first-served basis and cabanas which can be rented daily
- Pool side cafe where you can enjoy lunch and drinks
- T. Cooks restaurant, serving amazing world class cuisine, ideal for dinner
- The Mix Up Bar, serving inventive, fun drinks and live music on Friday + Saturday
- Alvadora Spa has a long list of offerings as well as a full-service salon
- Fitness center with ample equipment and space
- Pet friendly, so you’re pup is welcome
- 119 rooms, ranging from spa terraces, estate suites, and casitas, to entire villas
- Some rooms include a giant soaking tub, pool-view balcony, or private terrance for spending an afternoon reading a book
- Pro-tip: request a room with a patio and a view to enjoy the mild mornings + evenings
Compass + Twine was a welcomed guest of Royal Palms Resort and Spa and thanks them for a lovely weekend. As always, all opinion are our own.
New favorite finds....
Under Tow: A Tiki Bar Speakeasy Hidden in the Desert
Hidden beneath a coffee and beer bar is a speakeasy you'd never expect to find.
Queen Creek Olive Mill
Across some railroad tracks, just east of Mesa, sits Queen Creek Olive Mill, Arizona's only