Built in 1914, Chatham Bars Inn has been a staple for vacationers to the Cape for over 100 years. It was first touted as an exclusive hunting lodge for monied Bostonians and over the years has evolved into a favorite family-friendly luxury retreat. Take a spin around the sprawling property and you’ll quickly see why. Shingled cottages dot the water front hotel, brick paths wind through beautifully manicured lawns and gardens, and white adirondack chairs lie at every turn. No detail seems forgotten.
Where it’s located
- In the town of Chatham on Cape Cod
- Though there are several beach front cottages, most of the property, including the Main Inn, sits just across the street from the beach
- Beautiful views of the water
- Walking distance to Downtown Chatham for restaurants & shopping
about the property
- Around $100 million has been invested in recent years to renovate and update the Inn
- Chatham Bars Inn welcomes children of all ages and provides a number of activities for kids daily
- Private quarter-mile stretch of beach has plenty of loungers and private cabanas
- Loungers and cabanas also surround the pool, and servers are available to order food and drink
- 4 on site restaurants:
- STARS: most upscale, James Beach award winning Chef Jody Adams
- The Sacred Cod: tavern vibe, our favorite restaurant on property- get the baked oysters OMG!!
- The Veranda: outside dining at the Main Inn, casual, perfect for al fresco breakfast
- The Beach House: open air dining (some chairs are even in the sand), great bar scene, killer views & food is delicious, however service was very slow each time we went
- 1 off-site restaurant, The Farm, located 8-miles from Chatham Bars Inn, on their farm there they grow fruits, veggies, & herbs used at the Inn as well
- Consists of cottage rooms (both beach front and otherwise), spa suites and rooms in the Main Inn
- Rooms sleep 2-8 people depending on type
- Some rooms have private balconies
- In-room dining is available in all rooms
- The property has both a spa and fitness center available for guests
- Offers multiple sailing experiences, such a seal spotting, whale watching and a seashore tour
- Knowledgeable crew can be hired for fishing excursions
- Complimentary boat shuttle to a larger beach
- Bikes are available for use on and off the property
- Tennis courts are located right on the beach side of the property and the Inn also has a golf course
- A huge lawn is set up with croquet, bocce ball, and horseshoes, as well as a swing set for the kiddies
- The Inn is pet-friendly, simply call once you’ve booked and let them know you’ll be bringing your dog
New favorite finds....
White Fences Inn
Water Mill, NY
Historic charm collides with contemporary design at the White Fences Inn in Water Mill, New York.
Hunter, New York
Tucked away in the woods of Hunter, New York lies an idyllic lake house retreat.
Kayaking Around the Green & Blue Lakes of Sete Cidades in the Azores
Azorean legend has it that long ago a beautiful Princess with piercing blue eyes used